Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thinking of my sister, I miss you very much!

Today it's been about a year that we lost my sister to Lupus, She fought the disease for 4 years until Last year when she couldn't fight it anymore and gave up. Well i have to say that she didn't gave up, i think it was just time for her to go and rest in peace. As hard as it was, my family and I wanted her to stop suffering.
I flew to Peru last year to visit my sister, not to say good bye but to give her support and let her know that we were there for her. Sadly, a week before i got there, she was rushed to the hospital for a regular visit and she ended up staying there until her last day. I was with her for about 3 weeks, when i first got to see her, i was in shocked and not a single word came out of my mouth. I collapsed, tried to keep myself together and she was under so much medications that she did not recognize nor could talk to me. She was sitting on a chair staring at the wall, i could barely recognize her. Her face was all bruised and swollen from the seizure she had two weeks ago. She couldn't walk and had to be carry to her bed.
I stayed with her for 3 weeks, would go to her house and be with her two kids, and in the morning i would go back to the hospital and be with her until 8 at night. I fed her, we watched TV together, sing together, talk to each other until her medicine kicked in and she would just start mumbling and go back to sleep. Slowly, she started to walk and doing things on her own. It was time for me to leave and told her that i was coming back in a few months so that i could take her on a vacation.
We truly believed that she was going to make it, but two months later she went to sleep and never got up again.
It has been about a year and all i can say is that i miss her very much. I cannot wait to see you one day, and i know you are watching us from above. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Josh,

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    I hope that you took the time to do something special just for yourself and that you are enjoying your time with your family.

    Be well!
    Chris
    (Georgia_Teacher on Twitter)

    ReplyDelete